Saturday, August 02, 2008

Week One (almost)

So I did some Legs&Back on Friday that was awesome. I was thinking back over my long and somewhat inconsistent weight lifting hobby, and one thing that I can remember is almost never sweating while lifting weights. Sure some days we would run a couple miles or warm up for 10 minutes on the bike or treadmill, but never did a regular weight workout cause me to sweat. Well P90-X is all about the sweat. It could be called S90-G cause I think I sweat an average of 90 gallons per workout. Definitely a high intensity workout! Before Jarvis introduced me to p90x (not sure if I want to thank him just yet so we'll hold out for now) I was considering buying a home gym and working out for maybe 30-45 minutes a day 3-4 days a week. So far I am seriously considering 2 runs of P90X - P180X if you will and then going for at least one run of P90X+ which is of course the next level beyond P90 Xtreme (should there be a level beyond extreme? Sounds like lazy marketing?)

Oh and of course today being Saturday It was Kenpo-X which is a lot of punching, kicking and blocking. I had been looking forward to that all week and I was not let down. Way back about 9-10 years ago my sister dragged me to a cardio kick boxing class, which was a ton of fun. Very similar to the Kenpo which is apparently some form of karate. And of course I sweat buckets burning about 700 calories!

Sunday is a day of rest or optional stretching, and since my flexibility is really poor I believe I will give the stretching a try, although it may be a bit too much like Yoga for me to enjoy...

6 Comments:

At August 04, 2008 8:31 a.m. , Blogger carmenrose said...

J dwnlded this program; I'm thinking of trying the "Lean" one...maybe...

 
At August 04, 2008 1:32 p.m. , Blogger rayban68 said...

Ya you could do that, but really the classic is pretty good, I sweat alot during the weight workouts, and building muscle helps to burn calories all day long. Read lots of review from different blogs online, lots of people started lean but didn't really see the results they wanted, so they switched to classic.

 
At August 04, 2008 6:09 p.m. , Blogger carmenrose said...

I think I'm so far behind the game that starting lean would prolly be good for me...then I could do the classic for the next 90 days.

 
At August 04, 2008 10:35 p.m. , Blogger rayban68 said...

Well if you are not ready for the X, then you are probably a lot better off doing slim in 6 or maybe P90. I think Krista did slim in 6 for a while and it was pretty good.

 
At August 04, 2008 10:37 p.m. , Blogger rayban68 said...

The hardest part (for me anyways) with the P90X is the cardio stuff, and I think lean is heavy on the cardio workouts? The weight workouts are not so bad cause if you are not strong you just lift light weights, but you can still keep up to them. In fact I get longer breaks cause I do like 8 chinups (with my legs to help) and they do 20 or 30...

 
At August 05, 2008 7:34 p.m. , Blogger carmenrose said...

I think what appealed to me about the Lean one was that it was focused on weight loss first, which is what I'm after. I'm sure if I did anything, it would help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home